Thursday, August 10, 2006

Update

I'm still working on the Investing Ninja Blog, but it's not ready yet. Still, since I said I would keep you imaginary people informed of my movements so you know when to buy or sell, I wanted to let you know that I sold my shares in American Home Mortgage (AHM) today. They were up about 10% from where I bought it at one point, but I had an automatic 6% trailing stop loss (like a booby trap) programmed into my account, so when the stock moved down a lot today, the program sold it automatically. I still think it's a good company, and I made SOME money on the dividend, plus the price (about 6% total in the past 2 or 3 months), but I am not sure if I will buy into it again or wait 'till the next Ninja Stock pick (dealing with Food and Breasts).

Speaking of the Food and Breasts stock, which I won't name yet, as part of my "research" I have been staring at a lot of breasts recently. I don't know if this will help my stock picking abilities, but it gives me an excuse to do something that I enjoy without suffering from Catholic guilt. As you know, at the Council of Nicea, the Pope and the Vatican Council declared that everything that feels good is a sin. So, since I am staring at breasts not purely for my own gratification, but to make you people rich, I am altruist--not a degenerate. Who knows, in a 100 years, maybe Pope John Paul III will make me the Patron Saint of Cleavage. Sweet.

2 comments:

T. said...

Home improvement AND investing? You're a versatile ninja. DAMN.

HomeImprovementNinja said...

t: yeah, I got a lotta skillz. Like bow-hunting skillz and nunchuk skillz. I'm not so good with computers, though. But then again, what real man is?