Friday, May 15, 2009

More Pics

I wish I had a pic of the old sliding door with iron security bars that was in the kitchen before, but I forgot to take a picture of the craptasticness before it was taken out. This door was REALLY difficult to install because when the door was taken out, we found out that the wood on the bottom was rotted and the previous door (like the window in the kitchen) had no header installed. After the rotted wood was replaced, and a header was installed, this went it, but it ended up being an all (long) day project instead of a 2-3 hour project.







But it was worth it.









If you thought the stairs upstairs looked silence of the lambsy, you should see what the basement stairs looked like. (more pics to follow).











Any ideas what to do with my front "yard"?


















9 comments:

Jamie said...

You could stage cockfights there.

hipchickindc said...

Mulch is your friend.

C&C said...

Woohoo a blank canvas! Hmmm, cram as many shrubs and flowering perennials as you can in that yard - no mowing and less weeding=ahhh. Good luck, looking great!

Kristin said...

I would fill it to the brink with colorful flowers, or on the other hand, plant some spices...
I Have been looking for your email, but you seem to have hidden it pretty well (or not at all)
Could you please contact me via my blog or email?
I would be grateful if you did.

Alex said...

My kitchen has a ugly-as-hell sliding glass door, from an earlier renovation, and I hate it. I keep thinking about doing what you did, but I'm also reluctant to pull out something that's still relatively new.

Unknown said...

Front yard -
How much sun does it get? How much maintenance do you want to do? How bad is the soil?
If lots, low, and bad...you could try knock-out roses in the middle and hard-to-kill perenials on sides. Email me and I'll give you a list/design.

steve the plumber said...

you could concrete or pave it?

Liquid EPDM said...

Nice post, you have done a good work and i am sure you will get hundred of comments on this, nice pics, i hope we will see new stuff from your side soon.

Unknown said...

Great picture. Simply superb. I want see more from your side. Waiting for new updates.
_____________
tlcontracting