Monday, June 01, 2009

Ouch!

I broke my middle finger. The Xray says it's not a small break either. I have a splint on it, so I can give the middle finger to everyone with impunity, which is good, but it hurts like hell, which is bad. They gave me vicodin, which is VERY good (especially with beer), but I only take it at home because it makes me very loopy and that's not so good at work or when I'm driving.

I broke it in jiu jitsu. I actually heard the snap, and instead of doing the smart thing (stopping) I taped it to my other finger and kept going. There were some people visiting our school who were training for the mundials so I was eager to test my skillz against that level, but I guess my ego got in the way...lesson learned. Oh well, at least now I have a cool anecdote and my girlfriend thinks I'm a badass (or a dumbass, take your pick).

4 comments:

Viro said...

Ouch. Sorry to hear that.

Did someone have a grip on it and was trying to get you to tap out or did it just get caught in the wrong place/time?

HomeImprovementNinja said...

nope. got it caught in someone's lapel when they were trying to move out of a hold I had on them.

Georgette said...

Yowch! I totally hear you on wanting to stay on the mat even when you hear/feel that sick cracking sound/sensation. Are you headed to Mundials? Hope not...

Enjoy that vicodin.. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Home Improvement Ninja readers,

From the looks of the Ninja's 100 year old house, some of you could easily win this Black & Decker contest. http://blackanddecker.com/worksmartcontest/. We're looking for unfinished projects.

In full disclosure, I'm with B&D.