Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Tasting the Cake Batter

Since I haven't finished my post with all the cool pics, I'll just show some preview pics so that you can get a general idea of how I've suffered for your amusement.

I'll post all the rest of the pics when I finish my other post. So consider this post as the one that is comparable to when your mom lets you lick the cake batter out of the bowl while you wait for the cake to be baked. For those of you who are lactose intolerant, this metaphor will probably make no sense to you.


Okay, so this is where I left off a couple of weekends ago. As you can see, I got as far as where "disco lives forever" entry tiles used to be. The dip is leveled with roofing shingles.




I had gotten callouses on my hand from hammering all those boards in with my manual flooring nailer (I'll tell you why I don't have an air-powered one in the next post), so I thought that it might help if I wore my workout gloves, which are padded. They helped a little, but now they are all jacked up and probably usesless for working out. Now I have yet another excuse to keep me out of Gold's Gym.




Okay, here is an interesting idea. I used a board turned sideways as a transition to tthe next room. This is a LOT cheaper than using a transition piece, but it's also a great idea because
  1. I need a some kind of end piece so the floor doesn't look wierd;
  2. I don't know what kind of floor I will put in the kitchen, so I don't know exactly what kind of transition I will need.
  3. this piece is cheap enough that I won't care if I need to rip it out eventually and replace it with a saddle or some other kind of transition piece.



This is what the finished product looks like. As you can see, I made it to the pipe where the radiator goes, so I can reconnect the radiator before (or while) my guests arrive.


No comments: