Wednesday, November 30, 2005

When Good Bomb Threats Go Bad

So I finally figured out how to re-size the pics on my blog. The guy from houseblogs.net told me I should fix them before I was added to their webring because some of them took up the whole screen and made it hard to read. The pics have been bothering me since I set up the blog, but I had no idea how to fix them (I can plumb much better than I can write code). I asked a couple of people last week about re-sizing them but most people I know had no clue how to do it.

So I decided to try to figure it out myself. When I said my computer skillz are not as good as my plumbing skillz, I wasn't kidding. Watching me try to figure out stuff on the computer is like watching a retarded kid try to figure out a magic trick. It's not pretty, and it's probably funny to everyone except the window licker.

But I got the pics sorted out, sorta. It looks a lot better, if I do say so myself.

The irony of the whole thing is that just when I got my website looking nice, we get an email saying that the police have closed off the street in front of my office window because there is a bomb threat and that hey said that we should stay inside. Needless to say, I wasn't inspidred with confidence to know that the only thing separating me from the force of an actual bomb was a 1/4" thick piece of polarized window glass.

Since the DC police is probably the most inept, corrupt and incompetent police force in the country, if they say to stay where you are, it's probably a good idea to do the exact opposite. So I went out the non-bomb side of the building. Luckily, the threat has passed. This begs the question: who would bomb the building accross the street from me: Here are my thoughts:
  1. the place is a public policy think-tank, so it could be a nut who is radically and violently opposed to one of their positions on internet access for the poor;
  2. It could be a demented plumber who read my blog and is upset that I maligned a fellow plumber...being a union plumber he is an idiot and got the address wrong;
  3. It could be one of my exes, who is willing to blow up a builiding accross the street from my window as a warning to me...about what? Yesssssss, that's the question, isn't it?
  4. It could be someone who called in a bomb threat so that they would all get to go home early. That's actually a pretty good idea. Since they work at a think tank, I'm sure the thought has occurred to them.

At any rate, I guess their should be a point or some kind of moral lesson that one can take away from my post. I don't think there is one, but if you need one, how about: Stay in School!...or maybe it's "Winners don't do drugs!". Yeah, that 's a better one.

No comments: